The China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) established its Post-doctoral Research Station (Station) in 2008 to enable talented researchers to advance knowledge on long-term, forward-looking, holistic and cyclic issues in capital markets. The Station is committed to promoting the sustainable development of China’s capital markets, analyzing major and topical economic and financial issues – both domestic and international – as well as the theoretical and practical questions in building the capital market system, and synthesizing research reports and policy recommendations on long-term plans and regulatory strengthening of the capital markets. The Station aims to leverage its strong support for the post-doctoral program to build a more prosperous China and cultivate outstanding capital market researchers.
Over the past 11 years since its initial recruitment of post-doctoral researchers in 2012, more than 70 post-doctoral fellows have completed their programs at the Station. In July 2017, the Station was approved by the National Post-doctoral Administration Committee to independently admit post-doctoral fellows. The China Institute of Finance and Capital Markets (CIFCM), the policy research center of CSRC, is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Station. Positioned as a decision support center, strategic think tank and theoretical research institute, CIFCM is responsible for the research of long-term, forward-looking, overall and regular issues in the capital markets, with focuses on supporting decision making, serving the center and improving research capacity.
To strengthen the research on economic reform and development as well as major issues of the financial and capital markets, improve the quality of financial regulations, and accelerate the training and fostering of young academic leaders and research backbones for the capital markets, the Station is now seeking for post-doctoral researchers from home and abroad for 2023.
I. Admittance Plan
The Station has openings for 7 post-doctoral fellows.
II. Qualification Requirements
1. Abiding by the laws and regulations of China, commit to communist ideals and socialist convictions;
2. Dedication to working in the field of securities and futures regulation and supervision. Highly responsible, cooperative with a strong sense of team spirit. Physically and mentally healthy;
3. Age 35 or under, outstanding in character and academic abilities. Age requirement for exceptional candidates could be relaxed to 40;
4. Strong research abilities and relevant experience in the chosen research topic, preferably with backgrounds in computer science and other complex academic areas, overseas study experience, and capital market related practical experience;
5. Obtaining bachelor’s, master’s and (granted or expecting) doctoral degree, each from a renowned domestic or overseas university;
6. PhD candidate graduating in 2023, or having obtained the doctoral degree with no more than 3 years (as of July 2023);
7. Able to conduct research on a full-time basis at the Station.
III. Research Topics
The applicant may select any of the following area as his/her research topic, or propose his/her own research topic:
1. Research on building modern capital markets with Chinese characteristics;
2. Research on improving the basic system of the capital markets;
3. Research on capital market mechanism in supporting scientific and technological innovations;
4. Research on the theory and practice of Fintech innovation in capital markets;
5. Research on capital markets supporting green and low-carbon development;
6. Research on investment-side reform and optimization of investor structure of the capital markets;
7. Research on capital markets serving the reform and development of the pension system in China;
8. Research on the mechanism and prevention of cross-market risk transmission in the capital markets;
9. Research on the establishment of the valuation system with Chinese characteristics;
10. Research on relevant issues of improving the quality of listed companies;
11. Research on corporate governance and investor protection;
12. Research on program trading and other new trading methods and behaviors;
13. Research on bond market development and risk prevention;
14. Research on building a new model of real estate development;
15. Research on the development of digital economy and its impact on capital market regulations;
16. Research on the responsibilities of intermediaries under the registration system;
17. Research on the co-movement and supervision of commodities and futures markets;
18. Research on futures market serving high-quality development of listed companies;
19. Research on commodity futures market serving dual-carbon strategy and energy transformation;
20. Research on asset management industry serving high-quality development of the real economy;
21. Research on differentiated development of private equity funds and innovation of supervision methods;
22. Research on issues related to extraterritorial effects of securities and futures laws;
23. Research on construction of capital market law enforcement system with Chinese characteristics;
24. Research on investor protection and civil compensation mechanism related to delisting process;
25. Research on coordinating the development and security of the capital markets in an open environment;
26. Research on the evolution, transmission and crisis response of global financial risks;
27. Research on capital market risk prevention and stability mechanism.
IV. Application Requirements
1. Application Form for CSRC Post-doctoral Position (available on the official CIFCM website; photo required);
2. A research proposal for the chosen topic (no more than 5,000 words; each applicant may only select one topic);
3. A scanned copy of the doctoral program completion certificate and doctoral degree certificate. If the doctoral degree is obtained overseas, it is also required to submit the “study abroad” certificate of issued by the Chinese Embassy (or Consulate) and a scanned copy of the doctor's degree certificate issued by the Ministry of Education of China. Newly graduated doctoral students in 2023 may submit the materials after graduation;
4. Three academic research papers;
5. References from two doctoral advisors in relevant disciplines (one of whom should be the applicant’s main doctoral advisor);
6. A scanned copy of the identity card.
Electronic version of the application materials must be submitted to the official mailbox (email@example.com) by March 31, 2023, strictly following the requirements below:
1. Email subject: “Application of [name of the applicant] from [university / organization] for 2023 CSRC Post-doctoral Position”;
2. Application materials shall be submitted in the form of a compressed file named in “[name of the applicant].rar” as the email attachment. The materials shall follow the order listed above.
Abiding by the principle of “open and selective recruitment”, the recruitment process will be based on openness, equality and justness. Applicants who pass the application review will be notified by telephone.
Official Website of CIFCM
WeChat Account (scan the QR code below)
V. Contact Information
· Contact Persons：Ms. Wei, Ms. Qiao
· Telephone：010-85578324, 85578385
· Address：CSRC Post-doctoral Research Station, Suite 801, Jinyang Plaza, No. 26 Financial Street, Xicheng District, Beijing
· Postal Code：100033
CSRC Post-doctoral Research Station
February 17, 2023